We asked Ben Galley, author and self-publishing consultant, for some author marketing best practices. Read on for practical advice from a self-publishing veteran with a loyal following and a thriving writing career. If you like Ben’s tips but want to take things a step further with one-on-one support from the man himself, get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting www.shelfhelp.info
More info on Shelf Help:
Shelf Help is a 1:1 consultancy service provided by self-publishing expert and fantasy author Ben Galley. With over 5 years of experience and 10 books published, Ben has helped hundreds of authors maximise their chance of publishing success. From preparing a book for publishing to helping it sell all around the world, Ben Galley can provide the advice you need. Visit www.shelfhelp.info or email email@example.com to find out more.
What Ben can help with:
- Guiding you through building professional and simple websites at a low cost.
- Sourcing reviews for your books.
- Maximising your reach and accessing global markets.
- Content marketing and what it’s all about.
- Using social media – what to do and what not to do.
- Paid advertising opportunities, competitions and promotions.
- Getting your books into physical bookstores such as Waterstones.
- Organising book and blog tours and how to maximise your impact at signings.
- Creating and effectively using merchandise.
- Being successful when crowdfunding on sites like Kickstarter.
- Understanding why and how to use mailing lists.
- Building a global fanbase .