Being a writer is tough. Endless drafts, endless edits, endless procrastination. If you’re struggling to write today, there are other writers out there who know exactly how you feel – and you can find them all on Twitter.
1. When you’re ready to write, but life gets in the way.
— Shara Lessley (@SharaLessley) May 16, 2017
2. When you’ve committed to your tasks for the day and your brain decides it’s the perfect time to give you some fabulous ideas – that you have no hope of being able to write down or remember later.
— Sarah Cahill (@igotablankpage) May 16, 2017
3. Sometimes, the struggle gets real.
“I hate writing, I love having written.” – Dorothy Parker
— Allison A (@AllisonAWriting) May 16, 2017
4. Really real.
— A.R Vincent (@ARVincentWrites) May 16, 2017
5. Really, really real.
— Bobby Fisher (@bfisher_books) May 22, 2017
6. When you have responsibilities, but your writing keeps calling your name…
— Kolin Mofield (@KolinMofield) May 16, 2017
7. When you know you have to write something to make yourself feel productive. Anything… anything!
When you haven’t written anything for several days and decide to throw together a blog post to appease the writing gods. #writerslife
— Clare Smithers (@ClareSmithers1) May 16, 2017
8. Writer’s block. Enough said.
— Laura Foley (@LFoleyAuthor) June 1, 2017
9. When you’re not even sure if you like your writing anymore.
— J. A. Patterson (@jacpatterson) May 16, 2017
10. When you think about how you came to be a writer…
— Mad Maddie (@madziel_) May 16, 2017
11. Multi-tasking is a very difficult and very tiring thing – especially when there are deadlines to be met.
— Kelsey Stone (@scifistone) May 27, 2017
12. When you get distracted by your greatest writing fears and have to read over everything you’ve ever written from start to finish.
— DS Levy (@122cats) May 16, 2017
13. When you must embody Dory from Finding Nemo to meet your deadline…
— Katie de Long (@delongkatie) May 16, 2017
14. Realising that your fellow writers on Twitter will always help when you need some inspiration…
— Alexandra Maher (@alex_maher) April 28, 2017
15. When something like this happens, and being an author is worth every sleepless night, every edit, every double-check and every do-over.
When a close friend you’ve known since age 6 tells you he’s read your novel & it brought him to tears…This is why you write. #writerslife
— Winnie M Li (@winniemli) May 23, 2017